FIS Mazda 626'ers

Hier könnt Ihr Euch und Euren 626 GE vorstellen, mit Fotos und Informationen

Re: FIS Mazda 626'ers

Beitragvon FIS-X » Di 7. Jan 2014, 22:12

Ohh I forgot, but I also purchased my old stepbrothers 626 for parts, it was actually registred for the first time in December 91, that's the earliest I have seen one registred :s
FIS
Mazda entusiast from Norway
FIS-X

Beitragvon commander_keen » Di 7. Jan 2014, 22:41

When saving his GE from a flood, Ewald had problems with his immobilizer system IIRC. But I think he got it replaced in the meantime (for shitloads of money as you mentioned). I think he was even stating he wouldn't have gotten past the TÃœV (our technical supervision society where all cars have to go to every 2 years), so it wasn't all insurance related.

So the wiring harness of a facelift GE is still the same as the old one? Wouldn't have expected that after all those additional diagrams floating around for the newer "releases", but I've never checked deeply.

I've always wondered how the GE was sold in the US after OBD2 was mandatory, so they in fact changed that. :-o
I would have loved to have OBD2 in my GE years ago, it never made it to us, sadly.
Bild - "A lot of people couldn't tell you what a 626 looks like, but when they see it they think it looks smart."
commander_keen

Modell: Bj.96 - 16V - FLH
Postleitzahl: 71254
Land: Deutschland

Beitragvon Lima » Do 9. Jan 2014, 00:12

In our insurance contracts the cars mostly are insurated(?!) Against theft. The immobiliser make it harder to steal the car. In the case of uninstall the immobilizer, the risk is higher for getting stolen. So the insurance would be much more expensive.

The "TÃœV" Is even responsible for the fact that only a few people will tune the performance of their car. Even the air intake is not legal. The tuning has to be approved by the "TÃœV" and they have to give their ok for registrate it in the car papers. But there are to many restrictions for getting their ok. At last it is not legal, in case of a control through police , you get a ticket or you need a good lawyer or a crash happened and they will find out the car is tuned, the insurance will pay first, but they want the money back.
Lima

Modell: GE V6 (2006-2010)

Beitragvon FIS-X » Do 9. Jan 2014, 10:01

The "Facelift" version you are talking about is the one that came in 96 in US?
Now The 93 and 94 models all arround is very identical, but the 93 had an extra coolant temp sensor, the 95 in Europe is the same as the 96 and 97 minus the airbag on the passenger side, this is the Pre-OBD-2 version, the 95 EU is very identical to the US version, but then again US had airbags since 93 and the 95 version had a different kind of version of how you turned on the headlights, turnlight etc. on the steering collum, this was moslty due to the Airbag and I think the US is the same for all years (can't confirm) but the differences was that the 93 and 94 EU had a few relays triggering the different things, while the 95 had the relays integrated.
In 96 the OBD-2 system was introduced to the cars in the US, MX-6/626/Probe, but not many with a manual transmission, mostly automatic, I got myself a complete harness from a OBD-2 MX-6 M-Edition with Manual transmission. A local friend got one from a 97 626. Since I never completed the swap and got it working correctly, I don't know what's different, but I know the MX-6 has the steering for the power mirrors on the doors and might cause a problem for me. And the plug connecting the rear harness to the front harness is what's different between US and EU, and the US had the clutch safety switch in order to start etc. I never managed to get the starter to work with the harness, only if forcing it, but I had to get the fuel pump to run which is connected to the rear harness. I actually got it working, but it ran constantly when the ignition was on..

The immobilizer system was some crap as said, hardwired into the ECU and a keychip with some kind of decoded below the steering wheel, so when I replaced the harness from a 93 I didn't need that anymore, but I had to rewire the control arms for the headlights etc. in order to use the one from 95, had to put in a few relays in order to make it work, luckily my local friend had most of this covered, so a multimeter and patience was all needed :)
Now for the Tüv is where we get most of the papers for lowering springs etc. and they are easy compared to the stupid shit we have to deal with here. But does the 93 and 94 have any immobilizer in Germany? If not then why would it be so hard to get it approved if you replace the harness? :S I understand the insurance will be a bit more, but if you get the MAF mod working I would say it is worth it.

I will get the US harness to work on my 626, even tough it is from a MX-6. That is why I am looking for the wiring schematic for the European version :)
Might just have gotten a Megasquirt system, but I couldn't have gotten it to be OBD-2 then, as the MAF requires it (You use a Millenia ECU, OBD-2) but I got a OBD-1 to OBD-2 harness I made, but never got the MAF to work correctly.
FIS
FIS-X

Beitragvon commander_keen » Do 9. Jan 2014, 14:15

With Facelift I meant the ones which came '95 to Germany/Europe. It was unknown to me how that correlates to the US "updates". I was always wondering how they could sell the 626GE after ODB-2 was mandatory in the US, so now I now the finally changed it there.

Yeah, chip is in the key, "evaluation"takes place below the steering wheel. Immobilizer always worked fine here, I wonder why you entitle it as crap. Probably beause it sabotages your swaps, eh. ;-)
What kind of MAF mod are you going to apply?

Dude, never wonder why anything could be hard to get it approved in Germany. Yes, we always have documents and papers for everything but changing something and getting it approved is a completely different story (especially if papers are missing). It even took me two attempts to pass the TÃœV one time because I have mounted the 2.5 V6 side skirts on my 1.9er. Guess why: because there is no official documents for it. I wouldn't be surprised if another wiring harness and missing immobilizers causes problems, too.
Bild - "A lot of people couldn't tell you what a 626 looks like, but when they see it they think it looks smart."
commander_keen

Beitragvon FIS-X » Do 9. Jan 2014, 15:39

Ahh, true, 95 had the New grille and no headlight cleaners (looks much better without it)
US got it in 96 and they also added 2 more O2 sensors before and after the catalyc converter, and they also had a different grille type and a emblem on the Hood that year.

I Guess you are right about the TÃœV, but how come you needed approval for sideskirt? I mean it does not remove or edits any Construction to the car, at all? :s
And you are right as of why I Call it crap, mostly for the MAF swap but also for getting New keys much cheaper, costed 16 euros for a key without chip, and 160 euros for a key With programmed chip. Cheapest solution for me was to change the harness, paid about $100 USD for it :P
The MAF I will be using comes from the US Millenia edition (Xedos) and the reason is since the air will flow more freely than it does With the VAF that came on these cars.

Got a few questions for you, do you know about any Efini MS-6'es in Germany? I am looking for the 1 piece projector headlights as they look much more badass than the 2 piece.
And do you know if anyone could help me so that my Hotmail account could be used here instead of the crappy Yahoo mail I had to make in order to registrer? :P

And to answer the question if there is many 626'es left, yes, there is plenty of them here, mostly 1.8l's and 2.0l's, maybe about 200 2.5l's, I have seen about 10 :p
FIS
FIS-X

Beitragvon commander_keen » Do 9. Jan 2014, 17:49

Well, the US have always had a completely other grill and hood. So there were even two different ones for them, interesting...

FIS-X hat geschrieben:I Guess you are right about the TÃœV, but how come you needed approval for sideskirt? I mean it does not remove or edits any Construction to the car, at all? :s

Because this guy was over-fussy. ;-) He stated that I mounted additional parts on a vehicle which it was not sold with and couldn't provide any certificate for these parts. (like if I added a rear spoiler on top) He was absolutely not interested in the fact that the parts were 100% original Mazda parts for this body. According to him I do not have a model which has these parts in stock condition, so I am not allowed to add them, end of discussion.

FIS-X hat geschrieben:Got a few questions for you, do you know about any Efini MS-6'es in Germany? I am looking for the 1 piece projector headlights as they look much more badass than the 2 piece.

We know them, but Efini parts in general are very rare here and mostly always above any reasonable price level.

FIS-X hat geschrieben:And do you know if anyone could help me so that my Hotmail account could be used here instead of the crappy Yahoo mail I had to make in order to registrer? :P

I can try to edit your profile and we'll see, if it works although hotmail is blocked. (due to spambots) I guess it only blocks the registration, so chances are good. Just send me a PM with the data.
commander_keen

Beitragvon FIS-X » Fr 10. Jan 2014, 14:41

Late reply, I wrote some stuff yesterday on my phone but it never posted, stupid shit.

Now I see I wrote some mistake, US had a look alike 95 EU grille on the cars from 93 to 95, in 96 they got a New grille With an emblem on the Hood, and the mounting for the grille is completely different on US vs EU. (Youtube: "DjDevon3 Euro Grille" to see what I mean.)

Now I get how the TÃœV People could be, they are exactly the same over here..

I will send you my email, but I tried editing it myself and I couldn't "/

Now how rare is the leather interior for these cars? I would love to have a set in black. But I Guess it will never happend.
FIS
FIS-X

Beitragvon commander_keen » Sa 11. Jan 2014, 00:09

Uh, that is a completely other grille he has there.
GEA grills usually look like that for me:
Bild

Leather is rare. Leather not damaged even more.
There is one set being offered here right now, but shipping not prefered. ;-)
commander_keen

Beitragvon FIS-X » Sa 11. Jan 2014, 00:42

The chrome grille he showed is what the US had on the 93-95 models, the picture you posted is the 96-97 model. Now I sent him 3 grilles from Norway and he painted it and put it on and it looked badass on his car :D

Can you show me the post? I don't need a complete set of seats, just the skins, and it should be possible to remove just them.

Also, back to the immobilizer, would it be legal if you removed it and put in an aftermarked? Like DEFA? :)
FIS
FIS-X

Beitragvon commander_keen » Sa 11. Jan 2014, 01:59

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=5558

@immobilizer: That goes beyond my knowledge.
commander_keen

Beitragvon FIS-X » Sa 11. Jan 2014, 11:49

Thanks for the link, I asked about it :)
And is there anyone who could help me send a book from Germany? I am wanting this: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 1193669327 but the seller won't ship it to me, so I was wondering if anyone could order it for me and re-sell it to me?
FIS
FIS-X

Beitragvon commander_keen » Sa 11. Jan 2014, 12:08

I'll write an PM concerning the book.
commander_keen

Beitragvon FIS-X » Sa 11. Jan 2014, 14:01

I did as you told for Alias'ing the email, it worked, thanks :D
FIS
FIS-X

Beitragvon FIS-X » Sa 25. Jan 2014, 18:40

Hmm, how cheap is it possible to find a speedometer cluster for a v6 With manual transmission in Germany? I need a New one. Has to be from 93/94.
FIS
FIS-X

VorherigeNächste

Zurück zu Vorstellung