FIS Mazda 626'ers

Hier könnt Ihr Euch und Euren 626 GE vorstellen, mit Fotos und Informationen

FIS Mazda 626'ers

Beitragvon FIS-X » So 5. Jan 2014, 20:14

Hi, I am a guy from Norway and came across this site when looking for information, I am currently a member of the American 626 group and the Norwegian page. I have owned a 626 since before I got my license, and after a few months I started to look into the 2.5l v6, I know own two 1.8l's and one 2.5l, and I have some spare parts for both cars if needed. I have been working on these cars since day one, and nothing has been done at a shop, everything is done by myself or with help of friends or family.

Here are some pictures of my v6, it is a 95, bought it over a year ago.

http://ups.mazda626.net/images_monthly_ ... _720x0.jpg

http://ups.mazda626.net/images_monthly_ ... d5a9b6.jpg
The engine bay is a bit different now after I changed plugwires and a few things.

And here are a picture of my 95 1.8l that I usualy uses as a DD, this thing has been with me for several KM, and is on it's 3rd engine.

http://ups.mazda626.net/images_monthly_ ... 43a3cc.jpg

If you would like to check out more, this is my car topic for the v6: http://mazda626.net/topic/42607-fis-mazda-626-25l-gt/

Greetings from NORWAY.
FIS
Mazda entusiast from Norway
FIS-X

Re: FIS Mazda 626'ers

Beitragvon Kampfkuchen » So 5. Jan 2014, 20:22

Beautiful color for the v6... Is that a dark blue or simply black?
Your engine looks good and clean! But the open air filter is not so good... The warm air from the engine steal several power
BildBild
Kampfkuchen

Modell: '93 626 GE 24V 2.5i
Postleitzahl: 12105
Land: Deutschland

Beitragvon FIS-X » So 5. Jan 2014, 21:38

The car is actually green, "Noble Green" and is an original Mazda color, but I understand why you think it looks blue or black, depends alot of how much light is on it, but in a beautiful summerday you can see it's green ;)
Like here: http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa17 ... g~original
I am a bit proud of the bay, it looked like shit when I bought it: http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa17 ... G_529.jpeg and I am aware of the open air filter, but I think it looks better than stock ;)
FIS
FIS-X

Beitragvon Kampfkuchen » So 5. Jan 2014, 21:48

It's a really cool color... I like it very much!
The open air filter looks better, but I think... PS are more important than a cool look. But I guess it sounds also great :D
I respect the effort you made, really. It's the same what I'm trying. You will find my car here /forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5482
BildBild
Kampfkuchen

Modell: '93 626 GE 24V 2.5i
Postleitzahl: 12105

Beitragvon Lima » So 5. Jan 2014, 22:02

Welcome!

Your car is very smooth and nice. I like the Air intake installation an the Rims.
Lima

Modell: GE V6 (2006-2010)

Beitragvon FIS-X » So 5. Jan 2014, 22:10

Thanks you both :)
Now the decrease of PS is so slighty that you won't notice, the only way you would notice if doing a dyno of the car, and after I am done with my rebuilding my new engine being close to 200 PS, I think I can survive a little loss :p

And Lima, if that 626 in the signature is your car, then wow, I like it alot! I hope my 1.8l will look like that once I am done with it :p
Planning on getting a full body repair, v6 engine and sideskirt :)
Already have everything needed, except time "/
FIS
FIS-X

Beitragvon Lima » So 5. Jan 2014, 22:43

Thank you very much, the 626 in my signature was my car until 2010 - then i had to sell it. It was too expensive for me to drive it in everyday-use.

If you`re interested in more pictures take a look at my photobucket-gallery:

http://s1199.photobucket.com/user/LZKai ... t=3&page=1

Today, I drive the 99er Space Star from my avatar, and as second car wich is mainly using my wife is the 97er Mitsubishi Galant Station Wagon which is also shown in my Signature. This car has a 2,5l V6 engine even like the 626. So i still know what you mean ;-)

The first thing what i had done at the Galant and the Star is mounting an open Air intake. We`ve got the same opinion - i dont care about the loss of Power (which I can`t realize!!!) For me the engine-sound is very important.

Galant:
Bild

Space Star:
Bild

My 626:
Bild

Sorry for the bad quality of the 626-Video, but it is about 4 years old - and at this moment, my cellphone was nearly six years old.
Lima

Beitragvon FIS-X » Mo 6. Jan 2014, 11:32

Ohh wow, that car looked so awesome! It actually got the same interior as I have in my current v6, nicest one I have seen so far, but mines are in a bad condition :(
Hey is there any cool mods or performance wise you do to this car, I was thinking maybe some of you knew about something I haven't heard of.
FIS
FIS-X

Beitragvon commander_keen » Di 7. Jan 2014, 17:45

Nice car, my favorite 626GE color, which very seldom here.
Very clean motor (compartment).

How comes you already owned (such) a car before even having a licence?

Are still many 626GEs around in Norway?
Bild - "A lot of people couldn't tell you what a 626 looks like, but when they see it they think it looks smart."
commander_keen

Modell: Bj.96 - 16V - FLH
Postleitzahl: 71254

Beitragvon Lima » Di 7. Jan 2014, 20:06

I did only a few modifications - i like OEM+ tuning. The V6 is almost perfect in my eyes. I lowered it 50/40 and installed the Air intake. The Windows in the back were tinted black, I painted the Interiorpanels in silver, mounted a sporty Shiftknob and cutted the shiftingrod a few centimetres. I updated the incar-entertainment-system. I was one of the first documented 626 Owner which had installed a 2 Din-Moniceiver. Later it was changed to a 2 Din Naviceiver which already works in my actual Space Star. I mounted a 2way-system with hightone speakers in the mirror-triangles in front. In the back first i mounted a Soundboard and a subwoofer, later, after the birth of my daughter i changed the soundboard which was bought by Commmander keen here in the Forum and mounted 5x7"2way speaker. Pics of these combinations you had already seen in my photobucket-acc. In my Opinion you don`t have to modificate the 626 much, it´s a fine car.
Lima

Beitragvon FIS-X » Di 7. Jan 2014, 20:27

Thanks, first car with that color I have ever seen here :)
My Brother had an old Opel of some kind, he traded it for a Mazda 626 GE 93 With the 1.8l, was missing the front bumper and stuff but after a while he got a New one and fixed it up With a New Paint job and stuff. My father then purchased it and used it for a few years and at that time he purchased another car planned for my stepbrother but he backed out after a getting another 626. The car sat for some months until I decided to purchase both of them for the scrap price, the car my father had now had been in a car accident and had a big scratch on the left side after snatching a truck (Big Scania) but was still driveable and fixable. I decided to rebuild the car planned for my stepbrother, I took the entire interior out and replaced it with the one from my fathers car as it was from the GLX Version (Power Windows, Mirrors etc) I even took out the carpet and did a great job on it. A few months before I got my License my father Calls me and says he knows of a 95 GLX 1.8l for sale with a broken Down engine (burned valve) I then decided since it was in great condition without rust to buy it, my father worked at a mechanic Place for construction machinery (excavator and stuff) and they also had a scrapyard and a scrapped 626 with a 2.0l engine. Me and my Brother took the engine out in about 2 hours and took it home where we put it in my New 626 (at this time I had a total of 3 cars)
The car runned great and was used for about half a year until I found a v6 with blown headgasket nearby, me and my Brother went to pick it up and started working on it part time. After 7 months (The other 626 was traded for a Volvo 240 , and the second was scrapped, but I kept alot of parts) we finally got the v6 up and running (Best running v6 sound ever heard, so quiet you couldn't hear it!) I drove it it and fell in love with it, but after 4 days it dropped a valve! snapped just underneath the retainer and Lock! So the engine was totaled. But the rear head survived and is still "Newly overhauled" After this I started looking for a New v6, found the current one and did a massive job on it (It was 3 teeths of on the timing belt!) I found a cheap station wagon (GW) for sale and I purchased it and was planning to fix it. Well I did fix it but my sister was nagging on me to sell it to her so I finally gave up as usual and traded it for her 94 626 GE. Now to summon it up, I got my 1.8l I changed engine in to a 2.0l (Changed again back to another 1.8l since it broke down) my second v6 (the first one got scrapped after the valve dropped, kept the engine and some parts) and my sisters old 94, it was rebuilt to a GLX and I will be using it this year for my highschool celebration :)
Might have forgot a car or two but I counted once at came to about 9 626's, and just to tell ya I bought my first one 2,5 years ago. I am now 20 :)

Sorry about the big letter on some Places, but I'm at work and the computer here sux ass! -.-"
FIS
FIS-X

Beitragvon FIS-X » Di 7. Jan 2014, 20:45

Lima: I was thinking maybe something performance wise, as I am doing the KLDE->KLZE rebuild, I will be using a MAF and a New manifold. I have also done a full LED Conversion, Xenon headlights, removed the standard immobilizer system (Does some of you have that crap?) and on my 1.8l I got some stereo Upgrade, 2x 6x9" in the front and 2x 5x7" in the rear, and an amplifier to run them. Also got a 1200WRMS amplifier and 2x 600WRMS 12" subs. Here is a Picture of the custom built Box for the subs, came out good if you ask me: http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa17 ... 01f033.jpg
The v6 is lowered 40/40 btw :)
FIS
FIS-X

Beitragvon Lima » Di 7. Jan 2014, 21:00

oh, ok - no, my V6 was stock. Nice pics on your photobucket-account.
Lima

Beitragvon commander_keen » Di 7. Jan 2014, 22:01

We would get huge trouble with our insurance if we removed the immobilizer system. I don't know if there's a difference to your GEs, but here it's just seamlessly integrated into the keys etc. and works just fine. It would be needless effort to remove it.
But just out of curiosity: How did you manage to trick the ECU into that so that it works without? (or was it an engine without immobilizer system which is currently built-in?)
Bild - "A lot of people couldn't tell you what a 626 looks like, but when they see it they think it looks smart."
commander_keen

Modell: Bj.96 - 16V - FLH
Postleitzahl: 71254

Beitragvon FIS-X » Di 7. Jan 2014, 22:09

The immobilizer system was integrated into the ECU and keys, after several tries of buypassing it I decided to get an OBD-2 harness from US and change the whole thing. When almost done there was 1 plug being different, just 1 plug out of all the things -.-" Luckily I kept the wiring harness from my older v6 (93 model without immobilizer system, it came mid 95 on the cars here, so my 1.8l registred in January does not have it, the v6 is registred in November and has it) so I put that harness in and it was now fully removed. I still have the ECU and the key chip if anyone would like to buy it? Costed a shitload for a new key over here, and replacing the ECU is so easy :p

And why would you get in trouble with the insurance if you told them it was removed? :O
FIS
FIS-X

Nächste

Zurück zu Vorstellung